- Start by following the first part of this video showing how to replace the mech, but stop after you've removed 3 screws and the mech swings down. Move to the next step.
- Grasp and slide the sled to expose the pinion as shown in the image
- Drop some oil on the teeth of the pinion as shown in the second image
- The idea is for the oil to wick under pinion to lubricate the bushing it sits on
- Don't worry if you get too much oil on it just wipe away any that drips
- Reattach the mech as shown in the second half of the video
If you run into any issues while doing this or if the sound doesn't go away please contact us using the link on the upper right.