Before beginning any troubleshooting, ensure that your firmware is up to date. Open the Sisyphus App and navigate to the settings tab. Tap "Firmware Update" to install any available updates.
- Even if your table is already up to date, reboot the table and let it attempt to run through the homing sequence and then let it run. If it gets stuck at any point and you hear a clicking sound, reach under the table, give the arm a nudge, and let it run again. Don't worry, the table will not be damaged further if it gets stuck. If the table begins running again please contact us and let us know as this is likely to reoccur.
(v1 tables with circular motor plates) - Check to see if your mounting bushings are misaligned. This can cause excessive drag between the magnet and the underside of the table. All of the bushings should be level or pulled slightly down toward the center of the table: Mounting bushings misaligned?
The next steps are easier to accomplish with the mechanism removed from the table. Follow the first portion of this video to accomplish this: Sisbot Replacement
- Manually push the mechanism around in a circle. Observe if you feel it inconsistently resisting or catching at any point. If you feel any spot where the mechanism does not move smoothly and you can not find an obstruction, please contact us with a description of your issue.
- Perform the same observation for the magnet arm rack that slides through the center of the mechanism. Slide it back and forth to see if it resists at any point.
- Watch the pinion to see if it slips. This article explains how to check and tighten the pinion: How to tighten the pinion
- Do the same for the small pulley that drives the belt.