Before troubleshooting your table make sure your mobile app and table firmware are up to date. If you're unable to connect to your table skip to the next section.
- Table firmware
- Open your mobile app or browser and connect to the table.
- Go to settings>firmware update to update the tables firmware.
- Mobile app
- Android phone - go to the google play store and find the 'Sisyphus App' to check for updates.
- iPhone - go to the app store and find the 'Sisyphus App' to check for updates.
- If you're connecting with a browser there is nothing else to update.
Scroll to the section that best fits your scenario
- When I plug in the table the lights turn on after a bit but the ball does not move
- When I plug in the table the lights turn on and the ball moves but I can not connect to the table
- When I plug in the table the lights do not turn on and ball doesn't move. e.g. nothing happens
- My table used to work fine. Now the lights are dim and the ball doesn't move.
1. When I plug in the table the lights turn on after a bit but the ball does not move.
- It may take a few minutes before you see noticeable movement
- If the sand is too thick the ball may stop and start or not move at all
- Smooth/thin the sand so the ball is able to move more easily.
- Check to see if the ball is coupled to the magnet.
- Roll the ball with your finger and see if it wants to snap back or roll against your finger.
- If it's not coupled to the magnet, place the ball in the center of the table. Unplug the table, wait 10 seconds and plug it in again.
- After the table restarts the magnet should return to the center position and pickup the ball within 1-2 minutes.
- If the ball is still not coupled to the magnet or coupled but not moving after plugged in for 5 minutes, connect to the table using the mobile app or browser and do a factory reset: open settings>advanced>factory reset
2. When I plug in the table the lights turn on and the ball moves but I can not connect to the table. Choose the sub section below that fits your scenario.
- I've previously connected to my table but now I can't
- If your table is connected to your home WiFi, make sure your mobile device is on the same network before connecting.
- If your phone is on your home WiFi but the table is not found, open network settings on your mobile device and check for a 'Sisyphus' network.
- If there is a 'Sisyphus' network, connect to it with your mobile device, force quit and restart the Sisyphus app to connect to the table.
- I've never been able to connect to my table
- If your table has never been connected to you'll need to download the Sisyphus mobile app for iOS or Android.
- Go to network settings on your mobile device and connect to the 'Sisyphus' network.
- Open the Sisyphus mobile app to connect to the table.
- I've downloaded the mobile app and connected to the Sisyphus network but I still can't connect to the table.
- Make sure your mobile app is up to date by going to the iOS app store or Google Play store and search for 'Sisyphus App'
- If the mobile app is up to date and you still cannot connect. Connect to your table with a browser as described in this article.
- Once connected to your table put it on your local WiFi by going to settings>advanced>connect to wifi network.
- Once the table is on your WiFi network open a new browser window and re-connect to the table using the aforementioned article.
- Update the firmware by going to settings>firmware update.
- You should now be able to connect using the mobile app.
3. When I plug in the table the lights do not turn on and ball doesn't move. e.g. nothing happens and I cannot connect to my table.
NOTE: Do NOT take these steps if the lights turn on and the ball moves.
- While the table is plugged in, take a look at the power supply (black box with cord connecting to the wall).
- There's a small blue light that should be illuminated.
- If the blue light is blinking or not on, the power supply is defective. Stop here and contact us for a replacement.
UNPLUG your table before taking the following steps.
- Check the barrel connector where the power plugs into the table.
- Check the USB connections.
- Make sure the USB is plugged back in to the same port. Top right when looking at the end of the Raspberry Pi (green board). It will not work in any other port.
- After re-seating the connections, make sure the ball is coupled to the magnet or in the center of the table.
- Plug in the table and wait 2-5 minutes.
4. The lights are on and the ball doesn't move.
- Your table may be in Night Mode. See the How do I configure Night Mode? article for more information about night mode.
- Your table firmware may have been corrupted. Follow the steps in Steps to re-image SD.