Before troubleshooting your table make sure your mobile app and table firmware are up to date. If you're unable to connect to your table skip to the next section.
- Table firmware
- Open your mobile app or browser and connect to the table.
- Go to settings>firmware update to update the tables firmware.
- Mobile app
- Android phone - go to the google play store and find the 'Sisyphus App' to check for updates.
- iPhone - go to the app store and find the 'Sisyphus App' to check for updates.
- If you're connecting with a browser there is nothing else to update.
Scroll to the section that best fits your scenario
- When I plug in the table the lights turn on after a bit but the ball does not move
- When I plug in the table the lights turn on and the ball moves but I can not connect to the table
- When I plug in the table the lights do not turn on and ball doesn't move. e.g. nothing happens
- My table used to work fine. Now the lights are dim and the ball doesn't move.
1. When I plug in the table the lights turn on after a bit but the ball does not move.
- It may take a few minutes before you see noticeable movement
- If the sand is too thick the ball may stop and start or not move at all
- Smooth/thin the sand so the ball is able to move more easily.
- Check to see if the ball is coupled to the magnet.
- Roll the ball with your finger and see if it wants to snap back or roll against your finger.
- If it's not coupled to the magnet, place the ball in the center of the table. Unplug the table, wait 10 seconds and plug it in again.
- After the table restarts the magnet should return to the center position and pickup the ball within 1-2 minutes.
- If the ball is still not coupled to the magnet or coupled but not moving after plugged in for 5 minutes, connect to the table using the mobile app or browser and do a factory reset: open settings>advanced>factory reset
2. When I plug in the table the lights turn on and the ball moves but I can not connect to the table. Choose the sub section below that fits your scenario.
- I've previously connected to my table but now I can't
- If your table is connected to your home WiFi, make sure your mobile device is on the same network before connecting.
- If your phone is on your home WiFi but the table is not found, open network settings on your mobile device and check for a 'Sisyphus' network.
- If there is a 'Sisyphus' network, connect to it with your mobile device, force quit and restart the Sisyphus app to connect to the table.
- I've never been able to connect to my table
- If your table has never been connected to you'll need to download the Sisyphus mobile app for iOS or Android.
- Go to network settings on your mobile device and connect to the 'Sisyphus' network.
- Open the Sisyphus mobile app to connect to the table.
- I've downloaded the mobile app and connected to the Sisyphus network but I still can't connect to the table.
- Make sure your mobile app is up to date by going to the iOS app store or Google Play store and search for 'Sisyphus App'
- If the mobile app is up to date and you still cannot connect. Connect to your table with a browser as described in this article.
- Once connected to your table put it on your local WiFi by going to settings>advanced>connect to wifi network.
- Once the table is on your WiFi network open a new browser window and re-connect to the table using the aforementioned article.
- Update the firmware by going to settings>firmware update.
- You should now be able to connect using the mobile app.
3. When I plug in the table the lights do not turn on and ball doesn't move. e.g. nothing happens and I cannot connect to my table.
NOTE: Do NOT take these steps if the lights turn on and the ball moves.
- While the table is plugged in, take a look at the power supply (black box with cord connecting to the wall).
- There's a small blue light that should be illuminated.
- If the blue light is blinking or not on, the power supply is defective. Stop here and contact us for a replacement.
UNPLUG your table before taking the following steps.
- Check the barrel connector where the power plugs into the table.
4. The lights are on and the ball doesn't move.
- Your table may be in Night Mode. See the How do I configure Night Mode? article for more information about night mode.
- Your table firmware may have been corrupted. Follow the steps in Steps to re-image SD.